Monday 30 September 2013

The changing season... Does your style hit back or hibernate this autumn?

I can't speak for all when I say this, but I think the general consensus is, that summer came and went far too fast!

The english summer lingered slightly longer than usual but it still seems to have left us all feeling slightly disoriented. Now with the closing nights and the cooler day creeping in, I am personally at a lose as to what the wear! Do I stay with Vest tops and cardigans, and accept the fact that I might be slightly chilly. Or do I move onto the Skinny Jean, Granddad jumper and army bot combo? 

Looking through the fashion trends that exploded with full force out of the London Fashion Week 2013, I am still none the wiser! Light pink, Velvet, Leopard print, PVC, and Turtle Necks are just a few of the Autumn/Winter trend predictions. This small list alone intimidates me! I love keeping up with the latest fashions, but I feel that they are just thrown upon us without any instructions! Do we mix? Can we wear 'light pink' 'leopard print' 'Velvet'? Or is that too much? So here are my suggestions... 

Personally I am sticking to what I know, and keeping it simple. I like the idea of the light pink. It's a nice way of just splashing a fresh bit of summer back into your wardrobe, but don't go too bonkers with it. You may end you looking like a strawberry bonbon! The same stands for all the others really, 'tinting' your own style with high end fashion trends, is a great (and more affordable) way to keep you looking fresh and in style, without looking over the top and out of place. 

I do really love the turn of the season and the new possibilities it bring. I recently did a photo shoot with one of my favourite Autumn/Winter styles. To me there is nothing comfier than a good quality piece of knitwear. It's warm, practical, and just in case the sun decides to make a fleeting appliance, its easily layered with a summer vest top allowing for a quick wardrobe amendment. 
Matching this with a well fitted pair of skinny jeans you are well on your way to being the friend that everyone wants as their fashion stylist. This look can also be awesome for the stylish gent wanting to make an impact on a new season. I am absolutely in love with the new Jack Wills Knitwear 'Crew' range. Its simple, stylish, and easily dressed up or down for any occasion. Check it out here... 




The one thing I will say that completes any look, whether it's your old style with a new twist or a complete revamp... Confidence is the key. If you feel good, then you look good. It's not always up to the fashion bigwigs to label you lifestyle and fashion preferences. It's your life, your style... live it this Autumn. 

JM
x

Images ©Jessica Morris ALL RIGHTS RESERVED







No comments:

Post a Comment