Friday 17 February 2012

Eye Contact or No Eye Contact? That is the Question


Hello again!
Here are a few new images from my current project. 


I recently had a meeting with one of my lectures about this project. She took one look at my studio portraits and said, "Why are they looking away?" To be honest I hadn’t really thought about it. I just thought the ones where they were looking away seemed 'softer', more pleasant to look at. However I do like to idea of the confrontation of the lens... it's an interesting idea, with many theories and concepts evolving around it. So for my latest 3 shoots I decided to try it. I asked all my sitters to look straight down the heart of the camera like them just as much, so now I am in a slight conundrum as to keep them looking away or looking into the lens. I think I may try and keep the confrontation, as it could add an interesting spin on my images when I submerge them in water. We will have to see....

JM
x

No comments:

Post a Comment